Social Listening - Tillamook Creamery Ice Cream

 What it Takes to have the Creamiest Ice Cream in the Pacific Northwest


I don't know about you guys but ice cream is my absolute favorite food--ever. Since I was a little kid, Tillamook Ice Cream has been a staple in my family. Whether it was for a birthday or even just a small celebration after a basketball game, we always had at least 1 carton of Tillamook Ice Cream in the freezer. Until this assignment, I have never really looked into their social media accounts very much or seen how they were advertising online. When I found their account on Instagram, it was awesome to see all of the stuff they post about not only their ice cream and cheese, but also about their employees and how without them, Tillamook would not be the same brand and company they are today.

Out of all of the posts I looked through however, there was one in particular that caught my attention more than the rest did. For those of you who don't know, Baddie Winkle (pictured below), is a 93 year old American internet personality and now--the President of the partnership for creamier ice cream for Tillamook. Over the course of a couple weeks, Tillamook posted a series of humorous videos with Winkle in them that expressed the difference in creaminess between Tillamook Ice Cream and other competitor brands. These videos showcase Winkles charismatic personality and judging by the comments on the post, she clearly wins over the audiences hearts. Some peoples comments included: "Can I adopt her as my grandma"? "This is so awesome"! and "Best ad ever-I'm buying some this weekend"!

Tillamook's ultimate mission and value proposition for this marketing campaign and their brand was to show the world that they have the creamiest ice cream around. They are truly doing something incredible and remarkable by having less air in their ice cream and making it the creamiest they possibly can. By using a famous person in their ads, Tillamook is likely expanding their sales and most importantly of all--building brand recognition in the ice cream market. I personally feel that most people have a mutual respect for the elderly and especially anyone who is 93 years old and has experienced and learned so much throughout their life. This mutual respect and kindheartedness seals the deal even more for Tillamook with their customers.

Overall, Tillamook's presence on social media is very professional and engaging for most people. The one thing I would change if I were their brand manager is by having more interaction with people who comment on posts. Tillamook puts an initial comment or caption on all of their posts but after that they rarely respond to other peoples reactions or questions. By doing this, they are losing some of the interest of their customers and potentially losing business. I think it would speak volumes for the brand and company if they were more personable with their customers on a social media platform such as Instagram. At the end of the day though, it is very obvious that Tillamook has captured the hearts and minds of their customers with Baddie Winkle and I will definitely be heading to the store soon to pick myself up a carton of there extra creamy ice cream!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing In the News Blog Post

Welcome to my Marketing Blog!